House/Castle Sponsor Information for the Day of the Event
- ARRIVE BY 7:00am TO SET UP YOUR HOUSE. Sponsors are responsible for setting up and manning their house throughout the event unless prior arrangements have been made with ACCESS. Please be ready to hand out treats by 9:00am when gates open for families of children with disabilities.
- Sponsors may unload their house and supplies from the frontage road ON THE NORTH SIDE of the park. Volunteers will be available to aide with transporting your house and supplies to your designated area.
- After house/supply drop off you will be directed to the sponsor parking area.
- Check-in at Sponsor Registration tent to receive the neighborhood location for your house.
- Have fun and dress in costumes, remember there is a decorating contest in your neighborhood!
What to Bring
- Treats: Candy/trinkets/stickers for at least 3,000 children.
- Please have some non-food items for children who cannot eat candy.
- Please do not bring candy with peanuts.
- Remember, if it’s warm chocolate candy can melt!
- One chair will be provided for each house.
- You may bring a tent no larger than 10×10 and additional chairs.
- IF YOU NEED ACCESS TO ELECTRICITY OR A SET-UP SPACE LARGER THAN 15’x15’ PLEASE CONTACT US PRIOR TO TUESDAY, OCTOBER 23rd – 985-718-7532
JUDGING OF HOUSE/CASTLE DECORATION
- Awards will given in categories of: “Most Original”, “Scariest” and “Kid’s Choice”.
- CA$H awards per category include: 1st prize: $200; 2nd place: $100; 3rd place: $50
- Winners of the decorating contest will be announced in the afternoon (time TBA)!
NOTE: IF YOU CANNOT MAN YOUR HOUSE ON THE DAY OF THE EVENT…
- Please contact ACCESS asap at 985-718-7532 no later than Tuesday, Oct 22nd.
- House sponsors that cannot come to the event should make arrangements to deliver their house and treats to Lakeview Regional Medical Center by 7:00am on the day of the event.
Your tax-deductible contribution is greatly needed and appreciated.
Thank you so much for helping to make this event possible!
The mission of ACCESS is to raise awareness and funds to help support families of children with disabilities in order to improve their quality of life. Proceeds provide funds to children with disabilities in order to purchase assistive devices, adaptive equipment or make home/car modifications that are not covered by private insurance or Medicaid.